In the current time, it is not incorrect to say that websites have developed into the initial medium of contact between the company and the clients. An important person has correctly said, “First Impression is the last Impression”.
At any time we need any product/ service, the first object we do is to search for the worried providers and visit their websites. If a user does not find your website first-class and attractive enough, do you believe that would they ever land back on your website ever! Or else you think that one time you made a good-looking website and your liability is over.
Before you expect that once you are complete working on your website design, customers will repeatedly keep coming forever and ever and no more hard work are required on your element.
On the contrary, we cannot deny that website maintenance is a liability for you as developer/owner forever until you want your website to exist. Beneath we have listed six useful tips for Website maintenance that you have to follow no matter what:
1) Refresh your website with the latest content on the regular source: We cannot refuse the statement that Content is said to be the king. Though it is not the simple issue for the success of your website but still very imperative. Keep reviewing you’re statically satisfied for corrections or update. In case you are organizing a blog where you cannot alter the previous blogs or news content.
2) Continuous Check for Numerous Browser Compatibility of your Website: There are some commonly used browsers like Firefox, IE, Google Chrome, Opera, safari which are mostly used by people worldwide. You need to make sure that all the aspect of your website designs is working in perfect order in all the browsers. You may use Browser shot for performance the screenshots of your website in numerous browsers and on multiple platforms.
3) Remain a check on broken links: You require ensuring for broken links at regular interval of time. Broken links can earn an awful standing for the business. The links which are not effective or taking the guests to some other unwanted place may irritate the user. Sometimes, it may happen that business which is linked to you has been shut down, so there is no point in keeping their link. So make a custom to check for all these kinds of trying links and remove them.
4) Acquire care of the Speed: Patience is a virtue which almost everybody lack. If your site is taking needless time to load, then my friend, you are in big problem and you need to do amazing about it with no delay. You may use different tools to test the loading speed of web pages like Yahoo! Bing, Google Page Speed and Internet Explorer’s Page test etc. diminish the number of graphics on each page. Do not use more than two vigorous links per page. This may resolve your loading issue.
5) Make your website Search Engine Friendly: Well Structured, W3C compliance, pixel perfect and Semantic mark up will automatically make your website search engine in a friendly way. Do extra SEO practices, like adding Meta descriptions, an expansion on title tags, optimizing keyword phrase etc. This will help out your website to gain elevated search engine rankings.
6) Website Analytics: It is very important to monitor your website analytics once in a day or two, to get updated about the statistics of the visitors coming and the goal conversions. Let’s speak if visitors are coming to your website but the goal conversion is not taking place. Then you must be cautious and examine your website design. Place the efficient Call to Action buttons in the area of visibility of the reader. You may use the tool by Google Analytics for website analytics.
A website is never finished. It is forever in a state of another more upgrading. Creativity has no end. Departure your site unaffected after making it is good for nobody. Keep updating it regularly. If you have any inquiry related to web development or maintenance, a leading web development company in India providing web & mobile app development, designing and web maintenance services to clients across the world.